Disclosure: I was provided with complimentary admission to Disney On Ice for purposes of review. All opinions are my own.
My son and I had an amazing time at The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice last night!
The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice
Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy stumble upon clues at the beginning of the show. These clues lead them on a journey to visit some of your favorite Disney characters and places!
The show provided a great mix of characters – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the Toy Story crew, Rapunzel & Flynn Ryder, Dory & friends. Of course, you can’t have an ice show without FROZEN being involved! This was the part where my nine year old son pulled up the hood on his jacket and sank a little lower in his seat. I know ALLLLLLL the words to the songs and sing them with abandon. (It’s okay – I wasn’t any louder than anyone else in the audience.)
Let’s talk costumes. The animals in the LION KING segment really came to life with creative and imaginative costuming. My son said that was his favorite part. My favorite? I love these outfits for the bees, flowers and butterflies in the “In Summer” segment!
What You Need To Know – The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice
- There is an intermission halfway through so you will be able to head to the bathroom and get snacks.
- For sensitive kids, the music and announcer may be a little loud. Keep some ear plugs handy.
- There will be a million carts laden with all kinds of toys. Have a conversation with your child ahead of time about whether or not you’ll be buying any.
- Feel free to dress up! There were so many kids there in Disney costumes. It adds to the fun and excitement!
- Parking at Philips Arena is in paid lots around the arena. Infinite Energy Center in Duluth provides free on-site parking.
Show Dates and Venues – The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice
This year, The Wonderful World of Disney On Ice will be in TWO locations!
Philips Arena, Atlanta: Feb. 15-19 For tickets, call 800-745-3000 or go online to www.ticketmaster.com .
Infinite Energy Center, Duluth: Feb. 22-25 For tickets, call 770-626-2464 or go online to www.InfiniteEnergyCenter.com .
There are a select number of morning shows and matinee shows at both venues that are perfect for younger children.